Commercial New Construction Terms & Conditions
- Incentive is for new equipment purchased and installed between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018 by commercial, industrial and agricultural customers of Vermont electric utilities, except that incentives are not available to the following customers: IBM, GlobalFoundries, Omya, and electric utility companies themselves, Equipment must be installed within the state of Vermont in a commercial, industrial or agricultural facility. Incentive forms must be postmarked or received by January 31, 2019. Incentive offer is subject to change without notice and may not be combined with any other offer. Incentive offer will be based on criteria defined in the guides for each performance level.
- LIMITATIONS: This form cannot be used for any project involving new construction within the City of Burlington, please call Burlington Electric Department for information on such projects. This form is not applicable for multi-family.
- PROOF OF PURCHASE: Invoice(s) and approved submittals must include the quantity, size, type, manufacturer, model or part number, purchase date, and vendor of the efficient equipment. All sales transactions and installations are subject to verification and inspection. By signing this form, the customer consents to allow Efficiency Vermont 1.) to access the equipment for purposes of verification and inspection, and 2.) to disclose the customer’s information (including but not limited to the customer’s information included on this form and information on the invoices(s)) to the vendor and/or contractor who sold or installed the equipment to verify equipment purchase/installation and to collect additional information about the equipment and its installation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Performance of installed equipment is not guaranteed expressly or implicitly.
- ENDORSEMENT: No particular manufacturers, products, or system designs are endorsed through this program.
- PAYMENT: Allow 60 calendar days for delivery of payment. Incomplete or missing information will delay processing of payment.
- MAXIMUM PAYMENT will not exceed 100% of the equipment purchase price. Customer is responsible for all costs associated with sales tax, installation, and disposal/recycling. Customer is responsible for any tax liability associated with incentive payment.
- CAPACITY CREDITS/ENVIRONMENTAL CREDITS: In accepting these financial incentives, the customer agrees that Efficiency Vermont holds the sole rights to any electric system capacity credits and environmental credits associated with the energy efficiency measures for which incentives have been received.
- POTENTIAL FUTURE MONITORING: For no longer than five (5) years following the completion date, customer agrees to allow Efficiency Vermont staff and/or contractors acting on behalf of Efficiency Vermont and/or the Vermont Department of Public Service, to install equipment in building to monitor any efficiency improvements installed under this agreement. Customer agrees to cooperate in any processing before the Vermont Public Service Board or other authorities concerning the matters in this agreement.