2017 Efficiency Vermont Program Updates
Smart Thermostats: Up to $150 off from Efficiency Vermont – a discount of 60% or more!
Smart thermostats are one of the most affordable ways to make a big difference in how you heat your house. Your heating system stays the same—it’s just the way you control it that changes. A smart thermostat (like Nest or Ecobee thermostats) can cost up to five times as much as a digital programmable one. But now Efficiency Vermont is offering a $150 rebate to help offset the cost.
Visit our heating and cooling program page for inquiries about the eligibility criteria or how to apply.
Heat Pump Water Heaters
Water heating is a home’s second-highest energy cost, so making sound choices now can lead to big savings later. Recently, Efficiency Vermont increased the rebate for Heat Pump Water Heaters to $600. Take advantage of this limited time opportunity now, through March 31st. Find out more about heat pump water heaters.
Please consult the list of commercial lighting updates that will go into effect on January 1, 2017.
As of January 1, 2017, the following HVACR Updates go into effect. Unless otherwise stated, program eligibility and rebates will remain as they currently are:
Commercial HVAC Form
- Rooftop Controllers: A new measure will be added to call out the specific application of VFDs with integrated controllers.
- Rebates: $300/HP (1-5 HP), $225 (7.5-100 HP)
- HVAC VFDs (not RTU controllers):
- Rebates: $200/HP (2-5 HP), $150 (7.5-100 HP)
Commercial Refrigeration Form
- Floating Head Pressure Controls: A new measure will be added to the rebate form. For controlling ≤ 10HP compressors: $300/controller.
- Evaporator Fan Motors: ECM case motors will be removed from the rebate form. Walk-in ECM retained the rebate will decrease from $100 to $70.
- Cold Climate Heat Pumps (CCHP): Rebates will remain at $600/$800 (≤2 tons/>2 tons).
- Heat Pump Water Heater (HPWH): Rebate will remain at $600.
- High Performing Circulator Pumps (HPCP): Rebates and savings consistent through 2017.
- Efficient Evaporator Fan Motors (EEFM): Q-Sync Motor Program. Rebates $60/$100 (case motors/walk-in motors).
Retro Commissioning entails building systems optimization and is best for large HVAC-intensive buildings (hospitals, labs, large office buildings, data centers, etc.). Below are new offerings that are currently available from Efficiency Vermont:
- Initial qualification walk-through covered 100% (up to $5,000).
- In-depth development of recommendations cost-shared at 50% (up to $25,000).
- Performance-based incentive upon implementation ($0.10/kWh).